Here's a story about another family set-up..... I was set up with this guy through some family friends. Turned out he had gone to school with one of my friends, was second cousins with another, and long-time family friends with another....the usual small world scenario. Everyone had decent things to say about him. His parents were in town and wanted us all to meet (by us I assumed his parents, my parents, myself and him). Turned out he wasn't going to make it and the parents just wanted to meet me. I almost lost it when I heard this and refused to show up...come on...we are not in 18th century anymore where I need to be "approved" by his parents and only then deemed worthy to meet their son. Anyway, the parents talked and finally decided that maybe the boy and I should perhaps talk first...makes sense, right???? So I call and leave a message. He had no idea who I was. We chatted decided to meet up. Was a very amicable encounter but nothing to write home about. He asked me to call him when I got home, which I did and that was the last I heard from him until my best friend's wedding 2 months later (also his cousin). I was a bridesmaid at the wedding and I bumped into him on the way into the reception. We chatted for a bit at the reception and I introduced him to my other friend who was also a bridesmaid. By the end of the night he had asked for her number. Nothing came of it, but now two months later I just found out that he is getting engaged to another girl 4 years younger than him. This guy either gets around or was on a serious mission...engaged in 3 months! Again..like I said before...he was ready for commitment! Pick 'em while you can because they start dropping out like flies once they decide they are ready!
-S
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment