Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boys, boys, boys......

Until that little switch inside of them goes off and tells them to settle down, there is nothing in this world that will make them. On the other hand, when the switch does go off...they are engaged and married within a year...I don't get it???

Why they put out all these mixed messages?? who knows?? Maybe to ensure that there is always someone around? To have different booty on different days of the week? They don't know what they want? Do they want someone to smoke up with and have drunken sex or someone to have intelligent conversation with over a glass of red? Maybe it's drunken sex on saturdays and intelligent conversation on wednesdays??

So far what I have realized is that when they know they have your attention/ or sense you are seeking them out, all of a sudden maybe that is not what they want. We need to stop chasing them and just let it be. In the end, until that little switch goes off, they are never ready. Even if you are the right girl...as another friend of mine said "right person at the wrong time = wrong person"

I have completely thrown myself into the dating scene again...at times I feel like I'm drowning in it and just want to get the hell out. You know it's bad when you start mixing them up and forget who's who...

-S

4 comments:

allibaster said...

seems like every girl i meet and like, just got dumped by someone they wanted to get married to. being rebounded on sucks.

S and M said...

That sucks. What about dating a career-driven woman? I'm guessing they don't have as much baggage?

allibaster said...

i wish. i don't think it's possible to meet someone without baggage. being in utah sucks for dating.

S and M said...

Ok, here are some possibilities for you: 1) find a teacher bar (teachers tend to go out together on fridays for happy hour- find a spot they go to), 2) grad school events 3) local arts/ cultural events like film festivals and 4) jazz clubs. Utah has to be difficult, but there are women there who are thinking the same thing.