Monday, July 12, 2010

Why haven't you called

So, this whole natural approach was going well for quite a while. I was finding myself concentrating on me, and all of a sudden every night I was hanging out at bars with only men, and my dating life was looking like there were some prospects in it ...Until this weekend.

I met a guy at a coffee shop on thursday, and gave him my card. On friday, I hung out with a guy who had mentioned he thought I was cute to mutual friends before, and I wrote my number on a napkin for him. Now I'm just waiting - and this is the part that I hate. When will he call? Or will he call at all?

It's all a mind-game really. I need to tell myself he won't call, and then he definitely will. I know boys are so stupid, so I have convinced myself that maybe he accidentally wiped something with the napkin and therefore lost my number. Or the guy who has my card - maybe he misplaced it? But honestly, I think they just aren't that interested and if I'm doing the natural thing, I shouldn't let it bother me. This was just step 1 and I must expect that steps 2 and 3 don't always occur for someone who has gotten to step 1. Right?

Of course I saw an unmarked number in my phone yesterday, got excited, picked up, and realized it was this guy who I didn't want to hear from. I avoided a date, hung up, and promptly labelled the number "Do not pick up" into my phone. By the way, there is a great website that supposedly emails the guy who didn't call and gives him the opportunity to explain why. Favorite answer in the multiple choice section include "I actually think you're just crazy." Touche, touche.

No comments: