A group of women sit around a table over scrumptious dinner and wine. They talk about their careers, their families, their relationships or lack thereof. At some point in the conversation one woman will inevitably ask, "What do I do?" and all the women give their opinions about what is probably going through her partner's mind, how she can resolve the situation, and what the possible outcomes may be.
Why can't we just let things be? For a woman in her 30's, she is ready to move things along for a variety of reasons, but the main one being - why wait? Will this man ever be ready? Women are generally impulsive when it comes to matters of the heart, and men are not. We convince ourselves the direct approach is the right one. Men will give us just enough so we hold on, when we really shouldn't.
A friend of mine told me to let things be and let my dating life evolve naturally. I am an action-oriented person, so this is difficult for me. I generally want to make things happen. I am impatient and impulsive (a VERY awful combination). But I am going to try this new approach. I don't quite know what it means, but I guess I'll let things happen naturally (isn't my impulsiveness natural?) on HIS end. It's going to be frustrating.
-M
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment