Over the past few months, I've blurred the line between dating and relationships. I must define both so that I am clear again. Dating is when you go out with someone and experience different things with them. Dating has no future or commitment, and can be romantic but need not be. A relationship, on the other hand, is a commitment that both parties (hopefully willingly) have decided to partake in. The parameters are clear, and future goals should be as well.
I realize that I truly enjoy dating. Yesterday a friend mentioned that she really wanted a relationship and I think, given all the disappointment I've experienced, I don't actually want or need a relationship right now, maybe ever. I see how often my friends get let down because their expectations are too high. I myself have let things "fade away" without thinking twice about it.
The bottom line is that when you like someone and want to be in a relationship and they don't, it sucks. But we all must recognize that we should only be in relationships where both parties are excited about the prospect. Timing has a lot to do with it, personalities are not the only factors involved.
So I will continue dating, and I will continue blogging. But I can't promise anything about relationships in my posts. Generally, can't promise anything about relationships period...
-M
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment