S and I have both dropped off the face of the earth for one reason in particular: we're both looking for "the one," and it is F*ing difficult. And the parallels between our search for the perfect condo and the perfect man are a little out of control.
Here is the thing: I am just too old for drama - in the condo I want, or the man I want. I mean, a really dirty apartment that clearly has "damage" just won't do, because I'm just not willing to put in the time for the high maintenance needed. I definitely am not in the game for a "fixer upper" and I certainly will not tolerate any major issues.
My real estate agent and my parents are in agreement that I am just too picky. I think most of my friends may agree about this. But shouldn't I be? I'm forking over my life-savings, investing in a place/person who I might be "in" (sorry for the vulgarity) for the rest of my life. I believe I have the ability to be choosy.
So every time I see one, everything is great until I find one little flaw.
The other day, it may have gone too far. Everything I wanted was there. Perfect location, perfect hard 'wood' floors, the sun definitely lightened up the apartment enough (didn't even need lights on!), clean... but there just wasn't any chemistry. I am talking about the apartment. Sort of.
There have been multiple instances where I realized that I condo/man I had seen before would have been great for me, but by the time I looked back, the listing was "under contract." I am just not quick enough, and the good ones seem to get snatched up when I'm not looking.
S pulled out of the game all together. She is terrified of committing to a place. She may say that it's because she "has grown to like her rental apartment" but let's be honest, she likes that it's a month-to-month deal and she can pick up and leave any day.
I'm afraid I may never find it. The perfect condo, or the perfect man. They say that when it's right, "you'll just know." I'm 30 now. I'll keep you updated.
-M
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment