Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Six dates in a week

My updates include that S has started to date someone. So she probably won't ever post again...

But so the first week back in OCDating was interesting. The first date (see below) asked me out again and I politely texted him back and said no. The second date was a set-up (good on paper, not so great in person) and later on in the week I found out another friend of mine went out with him on a first date this week too (total coincidence). The third was a really sweet guy, but just seemed too awkward. He also asked me out again and I politely declined. Then I got tired. I decided to go back to my hookup instead of meeting a new guy and I took a little break. Whew

Fourth date was this dinner speed dating type thing. I enjoyed meeting a bunch of single people, but I do feel like the least freakish amongst the freaks sometimes. And just don't know if it makes any sense for me to do any of this stuff- I mean, am I really going to meet someone this way? I canceled the fifth date, and ended up meeting the sixth for coffee on sunday morning. And I can finally say I was happy to meet this guy.

We only met for about an hour, but he seemed like a genuine guy, and we really had great conversation. We had a lot in common and we chatted for a while. I think I'd like to see him again, but if he's not interested that's ok too - I'm just happy to know that I can actually meet someone like him this way.

Maybe I should actually filter better (novel idea) in advance of the meeting, but at least there are possibilities for me out there! Yay!!!

-M

No comments: